Thursday, April 16, 2009

DAY ONE - Beijing

We have safely arrived and just headed to our rooms for the night. Everyone is exhausted. It was difficult to sleep on the plane, so most of us are operating on little sleep. We had a walking tour of a neighborhood around Beijing and then we went to dinner. The challenge for the evening was eating with chopsticks. I think I am going to drop a couple of pounds over here.
Our hotel is nice, and the tour director is great. We have a full day planned for tomorrow. We are spending the morning at a local school where we will attend classes, take them on in a basketball game and eat lunch in their cafeteria. In the afternoon, we will be visiting the US Embassy and meeting with US Embassy workers who will talk to us about their work as well as the experience of living in China as an American. I will try to post more when I am more rested. I just wanted parents to know we are safe and everyone is doing well.